Did you know…
First Aid Training is available anytime. If you are interested in attending you can let your Case Manager know.
You can attend First Aid Training with St.John Ambulance in your community, choose a course at a time and location that works for you.
Courses to Consider
For those who are looking to learn some general first aid skills or require a formal first aid certificate for work or study.
- allergic reaction, anaphylaxis, asthma, bleeding, burns, cardiac conditions including chest pain
- choking, diabetes, drowning, envenomation, eye injuries, fractures, dislocations, sprains and strains,
- head, neck and spinal injuries, hypothermia, hyperthermia, minor wounds, nose-bleed, poisoning,
- seizures, shock, sharps injuries and stroke
The Provide First Aid – 1 day course combines three units of competency. Upon successful completion of the course, you will be issued with a statement of attainment (certificate) for the following units:
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Course Duration: 8 hours in class and online learning (approx. 5 hours) or 2 days learning in class
Protect your toddler or infant with this concise short course that teaches you the skills to perform CPR and how to manage bleeding, burns and a range of other childhood related illnesses and injuries. (3.5 hours in class)
There is no online learning or in-class assessments in this course
- DRSABCD St John action plan;
- St John First Responder App;
- Recovery position for child and infant;
- Allergic reactions and Anaphylaxis;
- Fever and febrile convulsions;
- Trauma management: bleeding, burns, head injuries;
- Meningococcal disease.